Due to space limitations, Evening Presentations at Calligraphy Northwest are not open to the public. But plenty of other events are!
View event flyer in PDF
- Calligraphy Northwest Faculty Exhibit and Write:Bind:Hold (show of calligraphic books)
Monday, June 25 – Friday, June 29, from Noon to 5pm in Vollum College Center Lounge
- Week-long vendors: Monday, June 25-Friday, June 29, from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. in Gray Campus Center
- One-day vendors: Tuesday, June 26, from 8a.m. to 7 p.m. in the Student Union
- Catich Stones of Incised Roman Capitals (on loan from the Portland Art Museum): Monday, June 25-Friday, June 29, from noon-5 p.m. in Hauser Library. Father Edward Catich (1906-1979) was one of the world’s finest calligraphers, an international authority on stone incising, typography and the foremost authority on the Roman alphabet, its origin, nature and history.
- Memorabilia from the Lloyd J. Reynolds Archive: Monday, June 25-Friday, June 29, from noon-5 p.m. in Hauser Library. Lloyd J. Reynolds (1902-1978) was an internationally known calligrapher, professor of English and Art History at Reed College, Oregon’s Calligrapher Laureate, author of Italic Lettering & Handwriting ’56 and Weathergrams ’72.
Related Events in Portland
- Portland Society for Calligraphy‘s Annual Members Show: June 5-July 3, open daily 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. in the Pearl Room of Powell’s City of Books (1005 West Burnside).
- “The Poetic Pen,” a juried exhibition of calligraphic artwork that uses poetry as its main textual focus: June 22-July 28, at 23 Sandy Gallery (623 NE 23rd). Open Thursday, Friday & Saturday from noon-6 p.m.